Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trying Again

My handsome son walking me down the isle. I think I was hyper-ventilating here.

I picked this wonderful cake out of a wedding blog post from someone else's wedding and Doug went and cut me the 75 lb. stump. We placed the moss around it and the caterer made the rest of it look EXACTLY like the photo. This was my favorite element of the wedding.




Like I said in my last post (from JUNE . . . yikes), I haven't done this in so long, I nearly forgot how. I did forget how to change my background but I just figured it out (whew). A lot has happened in the past year and 4 months. I used to blog a lot about how I had gotten engaged etc. but two weeks ago, I was married again. This is my THIRD marriage which is rather embarrassing to me but I haven't had any luck with men/boys my entire life. What I can't figure out is, why it took me this long to find someone I will actually spend the rest of my life with? Doug is caring, honest, respectful and he loves me and the kids as if he's been in our lives all along. We enjoy and laugh (and cry) at the exact same things at nearly the exact same times. It's crazy to think I didn't come across him sooner! Anyway, here are some photos from the wedding he and I planned and I'll put some of the honeymoon on later. I love you Douglas Keith Houck!




I did all the table decorations myself. I made wreaths for the Church doors and framed black and white photos of all my family and friends from weddings gone by.

This is my precious Abigail. She looked beautiful in her little gown and fresh flower crown. She danced the night away!

2 comments:

rachel said...

yah for updating the blog! :) congratulations cousin-i wish so badly we could have been there!!! y'all were in our thoughts and prayers! BEAUTIFUL pictures--you are a gorgeous bride!

The Fish Family said...

Oh I'm so glad you are back blogging! I've missed you since I'm no facebooker. Mom gave me the whole scoop on your special day and then showed me your photos on your facebook. Looks like so much fun! And you look fantastic! (Katie and I always said we wanted to be as pretty as our cousin Angie who wore camo pants!) Love the cake and centerpieces!