Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Day Of School



First Grade is pretty huge - not as huge as starting Kindergarten (because last year it was bigger for me I guess only because Abbey Grace went to public school for the first time and left the confines our our Church so it freaked me out to drop her off on a "real schedule"). This year it didn't cut like a knife so bad when I dropped her off. In fact, it didn't hurt her too bad either considering when Doug and I took her in to school, she bailed on us quickly. The three of us were holding hands all the way up the side walk and into the class room (Abbey Grace was in the middle) and then as soon as we approached her class, she dropped both of our hands, went to her cubby and put her back pack away and sat at her desk like an "old familiar routine" and started on her work. AMAZING . . . this was my kid? Her teacher, Mrs. Hudgins, already refers to her (after day two) as "Ramona Quinby" - imagine that! That's my girl.

No comments: