Monday, February 9, 2009

44 Week Breakfast Sandwich


I don't like to talk about weight loss too much because I am on a life long struggle with my weight. I am constantly on Weight Watchers, on again, off again. I lose weight, gain weight, exercise, don't exercise. Sometimes I look good, sometimes I'm hugely obese. There are 44 weeks until I get married and to some, that sounds like a really long time. To me, it's a time bomb ticking, ticking, ticking. I watch my calendar, mark the days, I get on the scale, I see pounds come off, then they come back on. It's discouraging the older I get, the harder it is to lose.



I go to Weight Watchers every single week at my office (the "At Work" program) with my friends and we celebrate our accomplishments and usually, I'm pleased (I've lost 25 pounds so far) but these last few weeks, I've lost and gained the same stupid ONE POUND about 6 times. I'm discouraged.



This morning, I decided to add some spinach to my 4 point Weight Watcher breakfast. I always have a 1 point Weight Watcher English Muffin (toasted), a 1 point pc. of Kraft Fat Free Cheese, and a 2 point egg (nuked) - today, I added a bunch of fresh spinach to my sandwich to see if it would "do anything" (that's 0 points). Wish me luck. I have 44 weeks to lose another 35 minimum pounds (Weight Watchers says I need to lose more but what do they know?) I would blow away!!

No comments: