Monday, February 16, 2009

My Valentine


My Valentines Day this year was more like a weekend festival of activities. Most of my weekends lately are centered around wedding planning, wedding errands and wedding-spending-money (is that a word/phrase?).


This year, we had Valentines Dinner on Friday night first with the kids so they would feel the Valentines "love" too - we went to Nagoya Japanese Steak House (the kids love to see the guy cook on the open cook-top and set stuff on fire), Doug and I ate sushi and made our list for our trek out Saturday.


Saturday morning, Doug made Abbey Grace chocolate chip, heart-shaped pancakes with "rip-cream" (that's how Abbey Grace says it), tiny chocolate chips, sugary strawberries and sausage links. Obviously, Zachary and I got to eat some too.


Doug and I went to dinner ALONE Saturday night to a place in midtown called Kyma. It's a Greek fusion restaurant. We had a 5 course meal with a wine paring. It was romantic and delicious and both of us have never been sicker. We were both up all night totally miserable from eating food we're not used to eating (oily, salty bad-for-ya kind of stuff). I guess I've been on Weight Watchers so long now that I've "cleansed" myself or something odd like that. I was ILL!


As the weekend ended yesterday evening, we were so glad our weekend was so full of love, kindness and family. We are excited about getting married and making our family more officially complete.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds like you guys had a very nice weekend. The heart shaped pancakes were impressive!!!

How you doing on WW? I've started back - started a competition - sort of a Biggest Loser at the church - we have 24 of us doing it. It lost 4 pounds the first week. not bad!