Tuesday, July 1, 2008

40's Not So Bad ! ! !

So, I made it through my 40th birthday on Friday of last week. I came into the office and was greeted with this wonderful card and present from Southern Living Home from my dear friend Lisa (who is our paralegal). When my boss Dorian got here, he brought a huge thing of Dunkin Donuts and sent and email for everyone to come by my desk to "share" - and they did! Drones of folks came by to chat and eat breakfast at my desk (and groan about me being 40 but said I didn't look it - thank heaven!!) Then my other boss Anna came in and brought a huge vase of beautiful fresh flowers for me. I had numerous emails, calls etc. . . . Lunch time. . . . so then it was time to head out to lunch. OH, first, I got another huge flower arrangement from my friend Kerry and her husband William (a mongo Margarita glass filled with white daisies, two straws and two limes . . . how "me" is that?) ok, so we head to lunch at Rosa Mexicano at Atlantic Station - yum! I was dismissed after lunch for the day (had to dash back to the office to send a local counsel a deposition transcript before I headed home though. When I got home, Doug had surprised me by decorating the entire house with "40's" stuff - balloons, banners, flowers etc. Too cute! We went to dinner with Mom, Dad, Granny and Abbey Grace and had a beautiful meal and opened presents at the house after dinner. It was a GREAT evening and we had a wonderful time. Turning 40 wasn't as bad as I had imagined - I don't even look that different. Whew!


No comments: