Thursday, July 17, 2008

We Don't Get Out Much



Doug and I have been dating for just shy of two years and have never gone on any sort of trip or vacation type thing without the kids. I'm 40 and Doug is 44 (probably shouldn't reveal our ages but too late now) but we just enjoy having the family time and there's rarely any time to actually spend apart from the children if you really think about it. I mean, there's sporting events, scouting events, dance, school, concerts, Church stuff, dinners out, family events. There's just always something we go to that involves all of us. And frankly, that's ok - we like it that way. However, this weekend, we're actually going to the beach, just for the weekend, without the kids. Zachary has agreed to help Uncle Ed cut some trees down in the back yard and Abbey Grace is going to play with Olivia and Noah so they'll be in Augusta and Doug and I are going to dash on down to Kiawah Island for a quick weekend of seafood and sand. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it . . . I haven't been to Kiawah in years and love Charleston anyway. We're going to bee-bop on down and eat some sea food, walk on the beach, stroll around Charleston and shop some. The great thing about Doug is that he loves to shop, loves to eat great gourmet food, he loves to walk on the beach with coffee or with a cold beer, he likes to sit on the beach with a great magazine and just listen to the waves, we enjoy the EXACT same things - we'll take the camera so I'll put some photos on here next week - I'll also give my camera to Aunt Sharon and let her photograph the kids doing "work" at their house!!

No comments: